CHOOSE OR LOSE game for ages 6 to 10
Select the correct answers to the beginner maths problems before the clock counts you out
Our CHOOSE OR LOSE game is a simple activity to help beginner maths learners and will improve the speed at which you can solve problems in the given topic. It does not rely on the learner typing in the answer. Rather, the learner must choose the correct answer from a list of 2, 3 or 4 similar answers.
CHOOSE OR LOSE encourages faster problem solving for common and vital beginner maths topics. CHOOSE OR LOSE is a timed game with a leaderboard for each topic at each of the 4 levels on offer. You can play the game with or without audio and robots.
Duck shoot * The frog flies * Pong * The beetle and the bee
Four in a row * Mix and match * Sow grow
Choose or lose * Cat and mouse * Rock fall
How to play Choose or lose
Our CHOOSE OR LOSE game asks the learner to click on the correct answer from a selection of possible answers before the clock runs down.
- Click on PLAY to start.
- You are presented with a topic question, then a list or grid of 2 to 4 possible answers (depending on the topic you have chosen).
- You must select the correct answer by clicking on it before the clock counts down.
- You have 10 seconds in total to answer each question.
- The clock starts ticking down 5 seconds after the answers have appeared.
- To hear the question again, click / tap on the question box.
- The browser will speak the potential answers on rolling-over them.
- A correct answer gains you 10 points.
- A wrong answer loses you 2 points.
- A time out loses you 5 points.
- A score is kept of correct answers against number of answers.
- The game is timed, and your final score (points earned minus time taken) is given at the end of the game. Top 10 scores for a topic get you a place on the leaderboard.