Aim: To get four symbols in a row
Choose a square and click on it. Click on the correct answer to the question in the box that appears. If you are right the square is replaced by a tick. Continue until you have won 4 in a row...
What colour is this?
With our Four in a row maths game you will be practicing the topic "What colour is this?" from Age 4 to 5 : Colour. The maths in this game consists of 6 questions that ask you to name the three primary and three secondary colours.
Four in a row is similar to the paper game "noughts and crosses" but we have changed it into a one person maths learning / revision game. The aim of the game is to win 4 cells in a row from a grid of 16 cells.
The game will reinforce the maths you have chosen to learn by getting you to match the question to the correct answer.
- Do the Maths lessons for your topic before playing this game
- Wrong answers are ok, you just have to try again until you get them right
- There is help available for all games by clicking the question mark button
Mix and match * Four in a row * Duck shoot * Sow grow
Choose or lose * Cat and mouse * The frog flies
Pong * The beetle and the bee * Rock fall
- Select "4 in a row" on the maths games selection page.
- Take a quick look at the method text for 4 in a row.
- Click on PLAY to proceed, or change your topic with the CHANGE TOPIC button.
- On the play page you have a grid of 16 pictures (some topic picture are shown multiple times for shorter topics).
- Click on a picture cell.
- The topic question will appear along with a series of possible answers.
- Click the speaker icon to hear any particular answer (Speech enabled browsers only).
- Click the answer that corresponds to the picture question.
- If you are correct, the picture will be replaced by a tick - otherwise, a wrong sound will play.
- Continue matching picture questions to their correct answers until you have completed a line of 4 cells.
- The line can be diagonal as well as horizontal or vertical.
- 4 ticks in a row wins the game.
- Choose an option from the green sign, or click on games to choose a different game.