Aim: Break the bricks, score points
Use your mouse or tap in the white bar to move the paddle horizontally to bounce the ball up the screen. Answer questions when you break the white bricks, score big points with the yellow bricks.
Your final score is based on correct answers, bricks broken and time taken.
What colour is this?
PONG game to learn 'What colour is this?' for age 4 to 5
Age 4 to 5 : Colour : What colour is this?
With our Pong maths game you will be practicing the topic "What colour is this?" from Age 4 to 5 : Colour. The maths in this game consists of 6 questions that ask you to name the three primary and three secondary colours.
This is our version of the classic early computer game "Breakout" ( itself a development of the even earlier "Pong" game - we prefer that name ) where a player controls a bar that knocks a ball or puck around the screen.
In our version of Pong/Breakout, there are 3 types of bricks for you to break: green bricks are worth just 2 points; yellow bricks are worth a whopping 50 points; breaking white bricks, which are worth 10 points, wins you a maths question from the topic you have chosen.
You start with 5 lives. If the ball goes below the paddle, you lose a life and 200 points. The game ends when you answer all 10 questions or lose all your lives.
- This version of Pong is a one player game to learn or revise maths
- Our PONG for maths is a scoring game - play a few times and set a personal best score!
- Addictive! You may end up trying to avoid the white bricks so that you can play for longer...
Mix and match * Four in a row * Duck shoot * Sow grow
Choose or lose * Cat and mouse * The frog flies
Pong * The beetle and the bee * Rock fall
How to play PONG to practice 'What colour is this?' for age 4 to 5
- Select the PONG game from the games selection page.
- On the settings page there are brief instructions on how to play.
- Click on PLAY to enter the game screen.
- The clock starts when the bell rings.
- Move your mouse (or finger tap or drag in the white bar for touch screens) to move your paddle left and right.
- Knock the ball back up the screen to break the bricks.
- You start with 1000 points and 5 lives.
- You lose 1 point every 2 seconds.
- 200 points are deducted from your score for each life lost
- Green bricks score 2 point, yellow bricks score 50 points, white bricks score 10 points and open the question screen.
- For each question click/tap on the correct answer or enter it using the keyboard.
- Wrong answers lose you 25 points but correct answers win you 50 points.
- Continue breaking bricks and answering questions until you have cleared all the question bricks.
- The game also ends if you lose all 5 of your lives.